People suffer from stiff neck once in a while, but when the pain is chronic and you can’t seem to get rid of it no matter how well you sleep at night, then it might be more than just a bad posture that caused the pain. When the neck pain is really bad that you can’t even turn your head and it makes your head spin and already affects your work, a consultation with a chiropractor might just do the trick.
When to See Your Chiropractor
There are of course some things and home remedies you can use to help ease your neck pain such as checking your pillow when you sleep at night and trying out neck exercises and even taking pain killers. However, when you have been suffering from neck pain for more than a week, then you should go ahead and schedule a consultation with a chiropractor.
A chiropractor specializes in treating back and neck pains without the need for powerful and expensive prescription drugs. He or she would do a physical exam and tests like an X-ray to see the problem areas and do the appropriate chiropractic adjustment to treat the problem. The adjustment is done through the application of strong yet precise force and realigning the spinal chord to achieve balance in your body. The realignment would also help improve posture and over all physical condition of the patient body.
Here are more specific situations when you should go to a chiropractic Dubai clinic:
- When your neck or back pain doesn’t improve for a week even after taking meds, doing exercises, or applying ointments on the affected area.
- When you are not able to turn your head from left to right and vice versa and it has become hard for you to even do small movements.
- When you already start to feel numbness or a tingling on your hands or wrists
- When you have been in an accident such as falling from your bike, slipping, or car accident and your neck pain suddenly occurs.
- When your neck pain is always worse when you wake up in the morning even if you have a good bed and pillow to sleep on.
What to Expect During Your Chiropractor Visit
During your consultation with a chiropractor, expect the first part of the session to be about your medical history or talking about the background of your condition. Your chiropractor might ask you questions relating to any injuries you have had in the past, what are the medical treatments you have received, and when your neck pain started occurring. All these background info will help your chiropractor diagnose your condition and come up with the right treatment.
If you are meeting the chiropractor for the firs time at a physiotherapy clinic or Dubai sports clinic, it is a good idea to bring your medical history records with you so that he or she can have a better understanding of your condition. You can also find a chiropractor through your physician. In fact, some doctors actually have contacts with experienced chiropractors to help them out in treating patients.